Luxury Train Tour of Rajasthan
Travelling in an Indian luxury train is a fantastic way to explore the cultural history, beautiful landscapes & delicious Indian cuisine while enjoying comfortable stay in very luxurious and tastefully designed rooms on luxury trains of India
A royal journey through the past
Get on board the Palace on Wheels, one of the most well-known luxury trains in India. After you've boarded the train at the Delhi Cantonment Station, your royal journey begins in all its splendour. The first halt is Jaipur (Rajasthan), also known as the 'Pink City'. Spend some quality time sightseeing and shopping in the city before the train takes you to SawaiMadhopur. Here, you'll be visiting the Ranthambore National Park which is famous for tiger sightings. Purchase souvenirs and then leave for Chittaurgarh to view the Chittaurgarh Fort. Next, the luxury coach takes you to Udaipur or the Lake City. Savour a delicious lunch at the Palace Hotel. Also explore the cities of Jodhpur, Bharatpur and Agra before finally travelling back to Delhi.
Day 01: (Wednesday) Board the train at Delhi Cantonment Station (Reporting time 16.00 hrs. / Dep. 18.30 hrs.)
The journey of a lifetime begins at the Delhi Cantonment station where the guests are accorded a warm, traditional welcome before the Palace on Wheel spulls out into the night ... for a week-long luxury cruise through fascinating Rajasthan.
Day 02: (Thursday) Jaipur (Arrival 02.00 hrs. Departure 19.30 hrs)
The first stop of Palace on Wheels is Jaipur, one of the most well planned cities of the world of its time. This capital city of Rajasthan, popularly known as the Pink City, was founded by Maharaja Swai Jai Singh II, in1727A.D.To explore the city, an air-conditioned coach takes you to Hawa Mahal or the Palace of Winds, which is a remarkable five storeyed building along the main street of the old city in pink splendor with semi-octagonal and delicate honey combed sandstone windows. This is followed by a visit to Amber Fort, eight kms. away, where rides on caparisoned elephants add to the ambiance. Shop for Jaipur's famous jewellery, handicrafts, carpets blue pottery and textiles. Near Ajmeri Gate is located Rajasthali - the only Rajasthan Govt. Emporium selling genuine handicrafts at fixed prices. After lunch at a Palace Hotel, you are off to the City Palace, home of the erstwhile royal family. Right across the road from the City Palace is the Jantar Mantar, the largest observatory built by the Sawai Jai Singh II. The Luxury coaches will take you back to Palace on Wheels around 6.30 pm. Dinner on Board.
Day 03: (Friday) Swai Madhopur (Arrival 05.30 hrs. Departure 10.30 hrs)
One can almost sense a life of the wilderness, as the Palace on Wheels arrives in Sawai Madhopur, a city named after its founder Maharaja Sawai Madho Singh I. After breakfast a visit is arranged to the Ranthambhor National Park, where in are located the ruins of a 10th century fort. This wildlife sanctuary is considered to be the countries best for observing and photographing the activities of the tiger. The park, covering an area of 392sq.kms is home to more than 300 species of birds. The tiger, hyena, ratel, jackal and fox are among those constituting the carnivorous population here. Sawai Madhopur is known for its exclusive toys, ethnic ornaments and costumes. Upon return to the Palace on Wheels, you leave for Chittaurgarh, when one gets an opportunity to watch the colorful countryside passing by in the daylight.
Arrival Chittaurgarh at 1600 hrs. After lunch on board you are in Chittaurgarh. Images of love and valour; scars of battles lost and won….thrice-beseiged, Chittaurgarh Fort is all this and more. Moving legends of honors and pride will echo in your mindas you proceed to Udaipur.
Day 04: (Saturday) Udaipur (Arrive 08.00 hrs. / Departure 1530 hrs)
The Luxury Coach will take you to Udaipur, the Lake City, the next morning. It was founded by Maharana Udai Singh of Mewar, after the Sisodia dynasty was driven away by the Mughals, in 1559A.D. Perhaps the two most beautiful sites of Udaipur are the dream-like marble Palaces-the Jag Niwas (Lake Palace) and the Jag Mandir, which appear to rise from the blue waters of Lake Pichhola. After lunch at Lake Palace Hotel a visit to City Palace is exhilarating.The luxury coach then takes you back to the Palace on Wheels at Chittaurgarh, thus winding up a day full of delights
Day 05: (Sunday) Jaisalmer (Arrival 09:15 hrs / Departure 23:45 hrs)
In the heart of the Thar Desert lies Jaisalmer, founded by Rawal Jaisal, in1156A.D. Here the yellow sandstone fort is an imposing sight, towering magnificently over the city. Discover the pains takingly latticed havelis or mansions with their grand facades. The Nathmalji-ki-haveli, Patwon-ki-haveli and Salim Singh-ki-haveli are fine examples of the stone carver's skill. Shop at Rajasthali-the only Rajasthan Govt. emporium, for fine pattu shawls, mirror work & embroidered articles, wooden boxes, trinkets, silver jewellery and curios. After lunch on board, go for an exciting camel ride on the sand dunes of Sam, before sipping a refreshing cup of tea. Enjoy the dinner and the cultural programmes at a hotel in Jaisalmer. The train leaves for Jodhpur at night.
Day 06: (Monday) Jodhpur (Arrival 07.00 hrs. Departure15.30 hrs)
Next morning the Palace on wheels is in Jodhpur, a city ringed by a high stone wall with seven gates and several bastions. This second largest city of Rajasthan, founded by Rao Jodha in 1459 A.D. is known for its rock-solid Mehrangarh Fort. The grand palaces within- Moti Mahal, Sheesh Mahal, Phool Mahal, Sileh Khana and Daulat Khana are impressive examples of architectural excellence. Near the fort complex lies Jaswant Thada, and a group of royal cenotaphs made of white marble. After lunch at a royal Palace hotel, return to the Palace on Wheels. While in Jodhpur shop for the exquisite handcrafted articles including the famous breeches, embroidered shoes, metal curios, silverware, paintings and tie and dye fabrics.
Day07: (Tuesday) Bharatpur and Agra (Arrival 05:00 hrs / Departure 08:45 hrs)
Early next morning, the Palace arrives in Bharatpur, the capital of Maharaja Suraj Mal. After breakfast pay a visit to the world famous bird sanctuary, Keoladeo Ghana National Park, the nesting place of thousands of Egrets, Siberian Cranes, migratory Water Fowl and other species of birds.
(Arrival Agra 14.30 hrs and Departure from Agra 23.00 hrs)
Arrive at Fatehpur Sikri-the red sandstone Mughal palatial complex. Within the enclosure is a mosque built by the Mughal Emperor Akbar and dedicated to the Sheikh Salim Chisti, a muslim Sufi Saint who blessed him with a son. After lunch move on from the Red Fort and arrive at the Taj Mahal, one of the seven wonders of the world. A pristine monument of undying love. It was built by Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved queen Mumtaz Mahal.Agra is known for its splendid marble inlay work like the Pietra Dura workon the Taj, leather goods and jewelry. After dinner on board and a good night's sleep.
Day 08: (Wednesday) Arrive Delhi (Arrival 0600 hrs)
Arrive at Safdarjung Railway station at 6.00 hrs the in the morning and enjoy the pleasant breakfast on board the luxury train and later at around 07.30 it is time to check out from the train.
New Delhi - Jaipur - Sawai Madhopur - Chittorgarh - Udaipur - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Bharatpur - Agra – Delhi
Palace On Wheels Train Departure Schedule
Palace On Wheels Train Departure Tariff 2015 & 2016
Valid for September 2016 & April 2017 (Off Season)
|Journey Name||Accommodation Type||Per Night Per person||7 Nights Per Person|
|The Palace on Wheels
08 Days / 07 Nights
|Double/Twin||US$ 500||US$ 3500|
|Single||US$ 650||US$ 4550|
|Triple||US$ 450||US$ 3150|
Valid for October 2016 to March 2017 (High Season)
|Journey Name||Accommodation Type||Deluxe Cabin||7 Nights Per Person|
|The Palace on Wheels
08 Days / 07 Nights
|Double/Twin||US$ 650||US$ 4550|
|Single||US$ 865||US$ 6055|
|Triple||US$ 575||US$ 4025|
Palace on Wheels Tariff inclusions
Tariff is inclusive of cost of travel and accommodation, catering (morning tea, breakfast, lunch, evening tea and dinner), conducted sightseeing tours in deluxe coaches, entrance fee for monuments and palaces and cultural entertainment. Tariff does not include liquor, laundry, video cameras and other items of personal nature.
Palace On Wheels Tariff exclusions
The Tariff does not include: Drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls, video camera fees, spa, business car facilities, liquor and other items of personal nature.
• All tariff and offers are in US Dollar
• Child between 05 to 12 year age will be charged 50% of the adult's tariff
• Child below 05 year age will be charged 10% of the adult's tariff
• It is mandatory to submit age proof of the child at the time of making reservation
• There will be a 10% surcharge on tariff for all luxury train journeys during Christmas and New Year
• Govt of India Service tax @ 3.09% will be charged additionally and is mandatory
• For POW (Palace on Wheels) and RROW (Royal Rajasthan on Wheels) an additional charge of USD 15 per pax as commercial tax will be charged
• The Company reserves the right to decline or cancel your booking without assigning any reason thereof.
Booking & Payments
• 25% payment is required at the time of making the booking in Luxury Train
• Balance amount must be paid to us atleast 60 days prior to commencement of the journey
• Incase the booking is made 59 or lesser days prior to the departure of the train 100% advance payment is required to confirm the booking. No booking will be considered as confirmed in the absence of payments
• In the event of failure from the agent/traveller the adhere with the payment terms the booking will be considered as cancelled and all advance payments will be forfeited
• All bank fee and charges are to be paid by the customer / agent only
• The prevailing rate of exchange on the date of transaction will be applicable
• On completion of the bookings and payments a voucher will be sent to the customer/agent. It is his/her/their duty to check the voucher carefully and ensure that the booking details are in order. Incase of any error, please contact our office immediately.
• 90 days or more, prior to departure of the train - 25% of the tour value
• 89-60 days prior to departure of the train - 50% of the tour value
• 0-59 days prior to departure of the train - 100% of the tour value
No Show/Amendment/Enroute Termination of the trip
• In the event of no-show or non-arrival of the guest no refund or adjustment will be applicable
• No refund will be applicable if the client terminates the tour during the trip.
• Unused / Unutilised service/s will be non-refundable
• Only in extreme Natural Disaster, Natural Calamity or serious health problems we will consider amendment in the dates etc. All reasons are to be supported by valid documents issued by concerned authority. We retain the right to refuse for amendment if case occurs. All amendments are subject to availability.
• In the case of group bookings no amendment is permissible and no adjustment or refund or postponement is applicable.
Christmas & New Year, Signature Journey Supplement Charges
• There will be supplement charge of USD 500 per pax travelling during the tour falling on New Year eve and Christmas.
• The supplement charge will be applicable for child between 05-12 years also.
• Supplement charges may be applicable for certain signature journeys as announced by IRCTC from time to time.
Fill the below Booking Form
Why Book with us?
Get the best rates on our tours
No extra booking fees. Save Money !
Largest tour package selection
for Rajasthan and India
We're Here for You
Call or email us, we are
delighted to help you before during
and after your trip