Luxury Train Tour of Rajasthan
Travelling in an Indian luxury train is a fantastic way to explore the cultural history, beautiful landscapes & delicious Indian cuisine while enjoying comfortable stay in very luxurious and tastefully designed rooms on luxury trains of India
Embark on India's luxurious train journey
Get on board the Indian Maharaja Express luxury train from Mumbai, the financial capital of India. Reach Aurangabad to visit the Ajanta Caves, belonging to the 2nd century AD. Next, visit the Rajput-era forts and palaces in Udaipur, famously known as the 'City of Lakes'. The next halt is at Jodhpur where you'll experience the historical legacy of the Rajpur maharajas at its best. Move on to Bikaner, and enjoy seeing the Lalgarh Palace, Junagarh Fort and Deshnok Temple. Head to Jaipur to visit the Amber Fort, City Palace and Hawa Mahal. Take a stroll through the colourful bazars in the city of Jaipur. Undertake a jeep safari into the wilderness of the Ranthambore National Park. Proceed to visit the 'Ghost Town' of Fatehpur Sikiri. Finally, reach Agra where you'll be amazed at the unparalleled beauty of the Taj Mahal.
Day 1: Saturday Mumbai – Ajanta (Arrival 14.30 hrs. / Departure 16.40 hrs)
Welcome to the Maharaja Express luxury tour, taking you through the heritage and culture of India. The train starts from Mumbai which is one of the most lively and commercial city of India – Mumbai. People from all over the country come to this city of dreams everyday to fulfil their dreams. It has something to offer to everyone.
After completing the formalities, we will begin with our journey and heading towards our first destination Ajanta in Aurangabad. Enjoy the dinner onboard this luxury on wheels.
Day 2 : Sunday Ajanta Caves, Aurangabad
After reaching at Auranganad enjoy the breakfast onboard, and later visit renowned Buddhist caves of Ajanta to witness some of the finest paintings and sculptures of the second century AD. Afternoon we board the Maharaja Express, for lunch. Enjoy lunch and spend the evenings relaxing. Dinner will be served onboard and head towards our next destination Udaipur.
Day 3 : Monday Udaipur
Enjoy the breakfast onboard, and visit the romantic city of Udaipur known for the magnificent and royal forts and palaces. Visit the City Palace which is the largest palace complex in Rajasthan, visit the crystall gallery inside the fort complex; Jagdish temple, a fine Indo Aryan temple built in 1651; Sahelion ki Bari or Garden of the Maids of Honour, which is a small garden with its fountains, kiosks, marble elephants & lotus pool. Take pleasure of royal lunch at Jag Mandir / Durbar Hall.
Evening enjoy the boat ride at lake pichola, followed by the bazaar visits of Udaipur, later board the Maharaja Express for dinner and overnight journey to Jodhpur
Day 4 : Tuesday Jodhpur
This morning reach Jodhpur better known as sun-city the most alluring part of this city is the traditional lifestyle, festivity and the smiling people who treasure this former Princely state. After breakfast onboard, we will get transferred to the city by deluxe coach and enjoy guided tour of Jodhpur visit majestic Mehrangarh fort, Jaswant Thada, Umaid Bhawan Palace. Enjoy the lunch onboard, and spend the time at leisure aboard train, or you may visit to the Bishnoi Villages at Rohetgarh, to witness the opium tea ceromony served as a welcome drink. See the men and women in their traditional clothes engaged in their daily activities, like shoe makers, Pottery, weaving etc. Evening enjoy the dinner on board.
Day 5 : Wednesday Bikaner
Today we will arrive at the Bikaner also known as Camel country. This city retains the medieval grandeur that permeates the current lifestyle and distinguished for the best riding camels in the world and hence boasts of having one of the largest Camel researches and breeding farm in the world. Enjoy the drive to Bikaner city where we will visit Lalgarh Palace, Junagarh Fort and Deshnok temple. Lunch will be onboard.
Evening we will enjoy the cocktail and dinner along the live music and rajasthani folk dance performance, overnight aboard the Maharajas Express luxury train.
Day 6 : Thursday Jaipur
On reaching to the Jaipur today, enjoy breakfast on board and later proceed to explore the capital city of Rajasthan. We drive to Amber Fort situated atop the Aravali hills. Amer is the ancient capital of Jaipur and a magnificent example of Rajput architecture. From here we will visit to the Elephants place, where you can watch them playing, one can feed them and play with them too.
Lunch will be onboard Maharaja Express. Proceed for Hawa Mahal- Palace of Winds, Jantar Mantar - The Observatory. Enjoy the late afternoon at the colourful bazaars to Jaipur. Dinner and overnight onboard Maharaja Express.
Day 7: Friday Ranthambore/ Fatehpur Sikri
Today we will arrive at the Ranthambhore, Wildlife Sanctuary. This tiger reserve is over an area of 392 sq. kms of thick forests. The place abounds in scenic beauty, requisite refuge for both the carnivore and herbivore. The numerous valleys and flat hill tops form picturesque surroundings of the 13th century historical Ranthambore Fort. The Tiger and Leopard are the main predators found in this reserve. Hyena and Jackal are the scavengers; Sloth Bear and Wild Boar is the main carnivore. Enjoy the jeep safari at the tiger reserve to view this tiger reserve. After morning jungle safari we will board our train and proceed for Fatehpur Sikri – the magnificent fortified ghost city once the capital of Mughal Empire between 1571 and 1585, during the reign of Emperor Akbar. It was built to commemorate the birth of his son Jahangir. Later board the train to enjoy dinner and overnight stay.
Day 8 : Saturday Agra/ Delhi
Today morning, we will reach to our last stop, Agra which is a rich city of Mughal architecture. Start the day with most beautiful monument of Love – The Tajmahal- The Taj complex took 22 years and 20,000 workforce, including specialised craftsmen, to get completed and is today counted as one of the Wonders of the World. This white Marble wonder is extraordinarily luminescent and even on the dull days one can find it glowing. De facto the Taj is believed to change its glow depending on the intensity and direction of the sunrays falling on it.
After Taj Mahal, enjoy our breakfast, which will be served at Taj Khema restaurant. Later move towards the Maharaja express for rest and leisure, or the interested members may enjoy the marble market of Agra. Lunch will be served on board by continuing our journey to Delhi.
Our journey comes to an end at Delhi Safdarjang Railway station.
Mumbai – Ajanta Caves – Aurangabad – Udaipur – Jodhpur – Bikaner – Jaipur – Ranthambhore – Agra – Delhi
The Heritage of India Luxury Train Schedule 2016 & 2017
The Heritage of India Luxury Train Departure Tariff 2016 & 2017
|Journey Name||Accommodation Type||Deluxe Cabin||Junior Suite||Deluxe Suite||Presidential Suite|
|The Heritage of India
08 Days / 07 Nights
|Double/Twin||US$ 6,840||US$ 9,890||US$ 13,800||US$ 23,700|
|Single||US$ 5,160||US$ 8,910||US$ 13,800||US$ 23,700|
|Child (05-12)||US$ 3,420||US$ 4,950||US$ 6,900||US$ 11,900|
Maharaja's Express Luxury Train Tariff inclusions
Tariff is inclusive of cost of travel and accommodation, catering (morning tea, breakfast, lunch, evening tea and dinner), conducted sightseeing tours in deluxe coaches, entrance fee for monuments and palaces and cultural entertainment. Tariff does not include liquor, laundry, video cameras and other items of personal nature.
Maharaja's Express Luxury Train exclusions
The Tariff does not include: Drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls, video camera fees, spa, business car facilities, liquor and other items of personal nature.
• All tariff and offers are in US Dollar
• Child between 05 to 12 year age will be charged 50% of the adult's tariff
• Child below 05 year age will be charged 10% of the adult's tariff
• It is mandatory to submit age proof of the child at the time of making reservation
• There will be a 10% surcharge on tariff for all luxury train journeys during Christmas and New Year
• Govt of India Service tax @ 3.09% will be charged additionally and is mandatory
• For POW (Palace on Wheels( and RROW (Royal Rajasthan on Wheels) an additional charge of USD 15 per pax as commercial tax will be charged
• The Company reserves the right to decline or cancel your booking without assigning any reason thereof.
Booking & Payments
• 25% payment is required at the time of making the booking in Luxury Train
• Balance amount must be paid to us atleast 60 days prior to commencement of the journey
• Incase the booking is made 59 or lesser days prior to the departure of the train 100% advance payment is required to confirm the booking. No booking will be considered as confirmed in the absence of payments
• In the event of failure from the agent/traveller the adhere with the payment terms the booking will be considered as cancelled and all advance payments will be forfeited
• All bank fee and charges are to be paid by the customer / agent only
• The prevailing rate of exchange on the date of transaction will be applicable
• On completion of the bookings and payments a voucher will be sent to the customer/agent. It is his/her/their duty to check the voucher carefully and ensure that the booking details are in order. Incase of any error, please contact our office immediately.
• 90 days or more, prior to departure of the train - 25% of the tour value
• 89-60 days prior to departure of the train - 50% of the tour value
• 0-59 days prior to departure of the train - 100% of the tour value
No Show/Amendment/Enroute Termination of the trip
• In the event of no-show or non-arrival of the guest no refund or adjustment will be applicable
• No refund will be applicable if the client terminates the tour during the trip.
• Unused / Unutilised service/s will be non-refundable
• Only in extreme Natural Disaster, Natural Calamity or serious health problems we will consider amendment in the dates etc. All reasons are to be supported by valid documents issued by concerned authority. We retain the right to refuse for amendment if case occurs. All amendments are subject to availability.
• In the case of group bookings no amendment is permissible and no adjustment or refund or postponement is applicable.
Christmas & New Year, Signature Journey Supplement Charges
• There will be supplement charge of USD 500 per pax travelling during the tour falling on New Year eve and Christmas.
• The supplement charge will be applicable for child between 05-12 years also.
• Supplement charges may be applicable for certain signature journeys as announced by IRCTC from time to time.
Fill the below Booking Form
Why Book with us?
Get the best rates on our tours
No extra booking fees. Save Money !
Largest tour package selection
for Rajasthan and India
We're Here for You
Call or email us, we are
delighted to help you before during
and after your trip