Luxury Train Tour of Rajasthan
Travelling in an Indian luxury train is a fantastic way to explore the cultural history, beautiful landscapes & delicious Indian cuisine while enjoying comfortable stay in very luxurious and tastefully designed rooms on luxury trains of India
Golden Triangle on Luxury Train of India
The most contemporary and with comfort of all the modern amenities, Indian Maharajas Express, is the Luxury Train that takes you to an extensive tour of the nation to have an encounter with incredible facades of vast and diverse country like India. Designed elegantly with gemstones, furniture intricately carved with sylvan inlays, decorated with antiques the train is decorated with aestheticism for a feel and experience of Royalty. The interiors of the train are designed similar to the personal saloons of former Rajput Kings form the Rajasthan has Deluxe Cabin, Suite, Junior Suite and a Presidential suite.
Day 1: (Wednesday): Board the train at Delhi for trip to Agra
Today arrive at the Safdurjang railway station at Delhi, where you will be welcomed traditionally to your luxury train Maharaja's Express covering the famous sites of Golden Triangle with wildlife. Enjoy the lavish dinner on board and spend overnight at Delhi.
Day 02: (Thursday): Agra
Today early morning proceed for Agra, where the breakfast will be served onboard. Later proceed for the famous sites of Agra located on the Banks of River Yamuna housing the exuberant Taj Mahal reflecting an eternal poetry of love built by Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. After a detailed visit to the Taj Mahal, board our train for lunch.
Post lunch, we will cover the beautiful sites of Agra besides Taj Mahal, which are Agra Fort, Akbar's mausoleum and Itmad-ud-Daulad. Once we are through the park visit drive towards Fatehpur Sikri. It is also known as The Ghost Town and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Built by the Mughal emperor Akbar in 1570 and served as the short lived capital till 1585. When Emperor Akbar visited Sikri to consult the Sufi saint Salim Chisti who predicted the birth of the heir for Mughal Empire and indeed it came true. So to honor Salim the Fatehpur Sikri was declared to be the capital. However due to scarcity of water it could not be the capital forever. This will be an enjoyable sightseeing trip. Return back to the train for our buffet dinner and spend overnight aboard.
Day 03: (Friday): Ranthambhore – Jaipur
Reach very early morning at Ranthambhore, following breakfast onboard, drive to Ranthambhore National Park. Named after the Ranthambhore fort it is the best place to spot the wild tigers in Rajasthan. This national park is spread in an area of 1334sq km of wild jungle. The beautiful natural scenery of this wildlife park comprises of huge variety of wild animals, birds and reptiles within it. A little relaxation after arrival, we shall head for the thrilling evening Jeep Safari to explore this wildlife paradise. Spot the various inhabitants here and get lucky by spotting the main attraction of this park Tigers.
After safari, we will board the train, and proceed for Jaipur, while having our lunch onboard. Jaipur city is remarked for its marvelous architecture, culture, food and the warm hearted people – The Pink City of Jaipur. It is also the capital of the royal Rajasthan founded in the year 1728 by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II, the ruler of Amber.
On arrival at Jaipur, visit the significant Amber Fort, which was built in 1592 AD by Maharaja Man Singh. The most popular way to reach the vibrant fort entrance is by an elephant back ride like a royal king or queen. The breathtaking palaces, complexes, halls, pavilions and Gardens at Amber fort will leave you enthralled. Later visit the City Palace & Museum that houses an imposing collection of Rajasthani art Jewellery, tremendous range of miniature paintings, armory, carpets and thousands of ancient handwritten manuscripts preserved by the royal family's in their private collections. It is blend of Rajasthani and Mughal architecture. Another remarkable monument of Jaipur is The Observatory built between 1727-34 AD is noteworthy collection of conventional astronomical instruments. The spectacular Hawa Mahal or the Palace of winds is a pyramid shaped monument built in 1799 AD. It allowed the royal families women to see the street procession with 953 small niche windows made in it. Evening enjoy the dinner onboard with an overnight stay.
Day 04: (Saturday): Delhi
On reaching at Delhi, enjoy the breakfast onboard; take a farewell with the unforgettable memories. The tour of luxury Maharaja express – gems of India, comes to an end here.
Delhi – Agra – Ranthambhore – Jaipur - Delhi
Maharaja's Express Luxury Train Schedule 2016 & 2017
Maharaja's Express Luxury Train Departure Tariff 2016 & 2017
|Journey Name||Accommodation Type||Deluxe Cabin||Junior Suite||Deluxe Suite||Presidential Suite|
|Gems of India
04 Days / 03 nights
|Double/Twin||US$ 3,850||US$ 4,950||US$ 7,600||US$ 12,900|
|Single Supplement||US$ 2,910||US$ 4,460||US$ 7,600||US$ 12,900|
|Child (05-12)||US$ 1,930||US$ 2,480||US$ 3,800||US$ 6,500|
Maharaja's Express Luxury Train Tariff inclusions Tariff is inclusive of cost of travel and accommodation, catering (morning tea, breakfast, lunch, evening tea and dinner), conducted sightseeing tours in deluxe coaches, entrance fee for monuments and palaces and cultural entertainment. Tariff does not include liquor, laundry, video cameras and other items of personal nature.
Maharaja's Express Luxury Train exclusions
The Tariff does not include: Drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls, video camera fees, spa, business car facilities, liquor and other items of personal nature.
• All tariff and offers are in US Dollar
• Child between 05 to 12 year age will be charged 50% of the adult's tariff
• Child below 05 year age will be charged 10% of the adult's tariff
• It is mandatory to submit age proof of the child at the time of making reservation
• There will be a 10% surcharge on tariff for all luxury train journeys during Christmas and New Year
• Govt of India Service tax @ 3.09% will be charged additionally and is mandatory
• For POW (Palace on Wheels( and RROW (Royal Rajasthan on Wheels) an additional charge of USD 15 per pax as commercial tax will be charged
• The Company reserves the right to decline or cancel your booking without assigning any reason thereof.
Booking & Payments
• 25% payment is required at the time of making the booking in Luxury Train
• Balance amount must be paid to us atleast 60 days prior to commencement of the journey
• Incase the booking is made 59 or lesser days prior to the departure of the train 100% advance payment is required to confirm the booking. No booking will be considered as confirmed in the absence of payments
• In the event of failure from the agent/traveller the adhere with the payment terms the booking will be considered as cancelled and all advance payments will be forfeited
• All bank fee and charges are to be paid by the customer / agent only
• The prevailing rate of exchange on the date of transaction will be applicable
• On completion of the bookings and payments a voucher will be sent to the customer/agent. It is
his/her/their duty to check the voucher carefully and ensure that the booking details are in order. Incase of any error, please contact our office immediately.
• 90 days or more, prior to departure of the train - 25% of the tour value
• 89-60 days prior to departure of the train - 50% of the tour value
• 0-59 days prior to departure of the train - 100% of the tour value
No Show/Amendment/Enroute Termination of the trip
• In the event of no-show or non-arrival of the guest no refund or adjustment will be applicable
• No refund will be applicable if the client terminates the tour during the trip.
• Unused / Unutilised service/s will be non-refundable
• Only in extreme Natural Disaster, Natural Calamity or serious health problems we will consider amendment in the dates etc. All reasons are to be supported by valid documents issued by concerned authority. We retain the right to refuse for amendment if case occurs. All amendments are subject to availability.
• In the case of group bookings no amendment is permissible and no adjustment or refund or postponement is applicable.
Christmas & New Year, Signature Journey Supplement Charges
• There will be supplement charge of USD 500 per pax travelling during the tour falling on New Year eve and Christmas.
• The supplement charge will be applicable for child between 05-12 years also.
• Supplement charges may be applicable for certain signature journeys as announced by IRCTC from time to time.
Fill the below Booking Form
Why Book with us?
Get the best rates on our tours
No extra booking fees. Save Money !
Largest tour package selection
for Rajasthan and India
We're Here for You
Call or email us, we are
delighted to help you before during
and after your trip